Tuesday, March 13, 2018

10 Clever Remodeling Ideas For Your Home



I am always on the lookout for clever remodeling ideas and wanted to share some of my favorite finds.  Whether you live in an older home and want to remodel or you are building a new home, these clever projects will give you some inspiration.

Create a Room Addition Above the Foyer

Sometimes you just need one more room but moving isn’t an option.  If you have a two-story foyer, you can create a new room as shown on Apartment Therapy

Faux Baseboard

This simple trick of making your baseboard taller gives the appearance of a high-end finish to your room.  Home Depot shows a great technique on how to Create an Exaggerated Baseboard.

Tiling Cabinet Floor Under Sink

Let’s face it, it’s not easy to keep a clean cabinet under a kitchen or bathroom sink.  Bottles drip and things spill, not to mention water leaks.  I love the idea of tiling under the cabinet as found on Apartment Therapy.

Sink Drawers

We should all have pull out drawers throughout the kitchen and an added bonus would be under the kitchen sink!  It is so much easier to access the items you need.

Closet Door Makeover

Rita from How Fantastic did an amazing job upgrading these 60-ish closet doors.  This is one of the best before and after DIY projects I have seen.  Bravo Rita!

Flat bi-fold doors are just that  – FLAT!  Dress them up by adding wood trim, paint and attractive hardware as these doors found on DIY Design.

Side Cabinet Next to Fridge

One of the first things we did when we moved into our home was to add a cabinet to the side wall of our fridge.  It was wasted space and my husband created a wonderful spice cabinet for me.  Its right across from my stove so I have easy access to my spices, vinegars, sauces and other ingredients.

Another great use for a shallow cabinet is a utility closet as shown below.

Bathroom Floor Tile that Looks Like Wood

I love hardwood floors but you wouldn’t want to have them in a bathroom.  The next best thing would be faux bathroom floor tiles that look just like wood.  Don’t you love these?

Pop Up Electric Outlet

I like as much a clean look as possible but am adamant that my kitchen be functional.  This pop up electric outlet found on Service Central allows both!

Pull Out Drawer for Cookie Sheets

All of my kitchen cabinet drawers have pull outs except for my cookie sheet and cutting board cabinet.  Next time!

Nightlight Outlet Covers

Nightlights are great; having them built-in to your outlet is even better.

10 Clever Remodeling Ideas For Your Home Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: pull email